Sunday, February 14, 2016

Playing Catch Up Part 2

This one will be a little more about my personal life. Life comes in up and down stretches, and I happy to be lucky enough to be in an up stretch.

In August, I competed for the title of Miss White River, and in all honesty, I thought I was just going for the experience. 8 of the 11 girls competing had just gotten back from Miss Arkansas, and one of the remaining 3 had been a runner up several times at Miss Arkansas. The whole day I just kept thinking to myself about the 20 preliminaries I had done to get to Miss Arkansas and fretting about how many I would have to do to get back. I think it affected my onstage performance, but I walked out of interview feeling like it was one of the best ones I had ever done with the exception of a few little old bad habits that I yelled at myself for. Anyways...

If you look back at my crowning moment, you can see honest shock and excitement. The Miss White River Pageant Association is made up of individuals who are sweet, caring, knowledgeable cheerleaders who want every contestant to have the time of their lives even if they don't win. I'd fallen in love with this group before they ever announced me as the winner, and the prize package is nothing to scoff at!

I want to take a moment to brag on Katie Gardner, Miss White River's Outstanding Teen.
She's been first runner up to Miss Arkansas's Outstanding Teen three years in a row, and she is still giving everything she's got to return to that stage this summer. I'd say I don't understand why she keeps coming back, but I absolutely do. I've mentioned before that I'm a completely changed person because of these experiences, and I wouldn't give up these people or opportunities for anything. She excels in so many extracurricular, and her STEM platform allows her to showcase her intelligence. I'm pretty honored to get to spend this year with her.

Also, if you want to see both of us, you can stop by IHOP on March 8th in Fayetteville from 3-5 p.m. and celebrate National Pancake Day. If you can't make it to Fayetteville, be sure to stop by your local IHOP for a free short stack and give to CMN!

Okay, personal life time.

  • I started as a tax intern for JPMS Cox (a CPA firm in Little Rock) in late January, and I'm learning things that directly apply to my future career. It's pretty stressful, because I want them to like me and I want to perform well. However, my coworkers are extremely encouraging and are facilitating the whole process like the pros that they are.
  • Wes accepted a job offer with Walmart as an IT analyst and will start either in late May or early June. While I'm not thrilled that he's moving out of Conway and away from me while I finish my college time, I'm so proud of the man that he is.
  • One of the up sides of Wes taking this job and us getting tax refunds is that we are able to take a vacation to celebrate our 4 year anniversary, his new job, and our undergrad graduations. WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD. AND UNIVERSAL TO SEE HARRY POTTER WORLD. AHHHHHH.
  • I originally didn't think that I'd be able to walk at graduation in May with Wes and would have to wait until December, but I'm pleased to announce that I get to walk early. So, I'll walk at graduation in May and finish my degree in the summer. So, I'll get to start my Master's in the Fall!!
  • In case my four pets that I mentioned in my first post were not enough, I added my sweet puppy Bella to the mix. She's part Shiba Inu, part Alaskan Klee Kai (forever husky puppy). I know, it's a mouthful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment