Monday, March 2, 2015

A Little About Me

Hello All!

I've never blogged before, but this will be my first year as a preliminary titleholder in the Miss America Organization! I hope that this blog will be a good way to keep track of my exciting experiences throughout the years that I participate in Miss Arkansas.

For those of you I've never met or my Miss Arkansas sisters I haven't gotten a chance to know yet, I want to give you some background information on myself.

Fun Facts:

  • I'm frequently asked where I'm from, and the question baffles me every time. I simply cannot pick one! I was born in Sherman, TX and I lived there until I was nine. Then, my mom was offered the chance to be the sales manager for DirectBuy in Little Rock, AR (and she was the number one salesperson in the country for at least two years.... right mom?). From there, my mom and Nana opened their own DirectBuy franchise in Bentonville, AR and I attended school in Rogers, AR for 8th grade-graduation. My mom remarried and both of my parents ended up in Colorado. I, however, stayed in Arkansas and came to school here at UCA. I liked to make the sad joke that I had no permanent address for two years, because it was the sad truth as I bounced from friends and the UCA dorm (Farris Hall) my freshmen and sophomore year. 

    • So, I just tell people I graduated from Rogers, but my hometown is Conway.  


    Nala
    Chai
    • I owned a hedgehog named Spike, and I was allergic to him. So my roommate that cuddled with him frequently took him and paid my roommate with a ferret the amount I paid for Spike, and I took the ferret (Lily), because she was allergic! The ex-ferret roommate now owns a bearded-dragon and two leopard geckos (Shout  out to Shannon and Lori Beth!).
    • I now own TWO ferrets (Lily and Chino) (Chino is short for Cappucino because he was coffee colored when we got him and he LOVES Starbucks coffee). I had a beta fish named Sprout, but he recently died. When I lived in the dorm I had Glo-Fish (guppies that had coral/seaweed injected in their eggs) in the dorm, but they all died except for the evil one Hallie had, and I sold Fiona the Glo-Fish with her tank. 
    Chino
    Lily
    • I also have two cats, Nala and Chai. Nala thinks her name is "Kitty-Kitty" or "Big Kitty." Wes had a dog named Nala, but his roommate named Wes's cat Nala anyways. Now the cat stays with me and we both refuse to call her Nala. Chai really loves Chai tea. This whole naming-cats-after-the-beverage-of-mine-they-consume thing is probably a life long habit. 
    • Side Note; Chai tea is currently my favorite beverage, and I pretty much consume it with milk just about every night before bed. IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO SEND ME A GIFT DURING MISS ARKANSAS, I prefer Oregon Chai that comes both in a liquid concentrate and a powder (purple and orange box)!
    • My mom, Diana Woller, owns her own clothing-line and store named Diana Lynn Fashion (dianalynnfashion.com), and MAO/Tri-Sigma women get 25% off (MAO25)!
    • Last but not least, my wonderful boyfriend Wesley Blakemore, attended every pageant I competed in last year and this year. Those of us in pageant land just call him Pageant Mom. 

    Finally, the reason I've started this blog is to document my year as a titleholder... so with that being said....
    I'M  MISS PETIT JEAN VALLEY 2015!! 
    For those that have followed my journey or are close to me,  y'all know it was a long but worthwhile journey. I competed in one Outstanding Teen pageant at 16 (Miss Lakes of the Northwest OT, 3rd runner up) and was hooked, because I missed doing the pageants I had done with my mom growing up. I was bumped up to Miss the next year at 17 and a senior in high school. I did two preliminaries that year, and three the next without having my name called once. The third year, last year, I did THIRTEEN PRELIMINARIES and ranged between 4th runner up and 1st runner up (several times). While I was definitely discouraged at times, it was great for me to actually get to watch Miss Arkansas for the first time over the summer, and I had a blast at every preliminary getting to know some pretty incredible women. This year, I won the title of Miss Petit Jean Valley, which was my second preliminary! I know that God has a plan, and there was a reason that I needed to wait, and I'm so thankful for the support system that kept me going and continues to support me now!

    P.S. I'm still getting the hang of formatting and what not, so I apologize for the somewhat randomly placed pictures!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment